missleopard11

Black fence or not.... ??

missleopard11
8 years ago
Hiya.. Opinions and suggestions very much appreciated please!!!

Finally tackling the end of the garden.....!! I've spent the afternoon clearing cat poop from what was the under-area of a trampoline..! Now I am dreaming of style!

I'm having a 4 x 3m area of decking built at the end of the garden tomorrow, (already have some at the other end , looks really good)
I live in a coastal area but sort of want to style my garden quite modern at this end, a bit L.A. style if that makes sense.
Basically I went to pick my (lucky) daughter up from a pool party yesterday and I was so mesmerised by the style in their garden, they had big rattan cube furniture and it looked incredible, the garden looked like the setting for a music video!!!
I want to steal a little bit of that style for myself .
I've bought some Ronseal Tudor Black Oak fence paint and was going to do the fence in that , the shed will be re done white , there will be wooden decking and the grass of course will be tidy.
I thought some budget black rattan lounging furniture would look good with palm plants, neutral colours , maybe a splash of sky blue and orange in some cushions.
I've a new job partly working from home and want to also create an area that will be good for working at a laptop .
The garden is North facing.
My house is ex council nice big garden and a mish mash of different styles country/shabby I'm open to anything and I like industrial too.
Would it be a mistake to paint the fence black -I badly want to!! Don't know why but I just think it will look stylish.
Or shall I give in and just go coastal style?
The garden gets a nice bit of sunshine at that end and the shadiest bit is the
Left near the shed?
Sorry for waffling it's my first time here... Thank you so much :-)

Comments (24)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.