southport61

Small master bedroom makeover

Helen H
8 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Our small master bedroom (4m x 3.45m) is tired and dull. I'm looking for inspiration for a makeover. I am after a pale, serene, sophisticated look. The only thing I love in the room is our superking bed. Everything else can go or be revamped. We have a small ensuite and walk in wardrobe, so don't need a wardrobe, but do need a chest of drawers. The room is south facing with a biggish window. I am thinking of white plantation shutters. I'm hoping removing curtains might make the room seem more spacious. (I already have shutters in the sitting room below and love them) I wondered about new bedside cabinets and chest of drawers, but what style or should I paint them? I thought I might spray the mirror silver or get a new one? I would like to create an illusion of space, but am struggling with the picture rails and where to paint (or maybe paper, a feature wall). The carpet and chair will be replaced too. Any ideas gratefully received!

Comments (43)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.