webuser_71660

choosing bedroom carpet

Tani H-S
8 years ago

Personally I hate carpet in my house as we both have bad allergies and I hate hoovering, haha.

However, to save money & time, we want to put one in the spare bedroom (I say spare but it could be the main bedroom as it's larger than ours) so I need to choose something fairly neutral but modern. We are selling the house next year so can't have anything too expensive.

I personally wanted to go for a silky pearl grey but the tones I love are top of the range (typical) and after taking some samples home, the cheaper ones he gave me actually looked better in our light. This is the one I was thinking of which is a pale gray and quite a deep pile. It's a warm silvery colour and not too drab http://cutpricecarpet.co.uk/rio-grande-cool-quartz.html

Do you think a colour like this is neutral enough rather than going for a beige or cream?? I plan to now decorated the bedroom in elegant silvers and greys with perhaps a pop of rich colour (deep blue or a cerise) with white walls.

thank you

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.