belsize

Pretty cottage with sagging floors

belsize
8 years ago

Hi, perhaps you can help me. My OH and I bought a lovely 18C cottage a couple of years ago which we're gradually making more to our taste - which is eclectic/colourful. The first floor bedroom floors and landing all sag very noticeably in the middle. They are currently covered in grubby beige carpet and we're keen to get the carpets up. Not sure what to do to make the floors look better. We think there is a mish mash of floorboards underneath but probably not that uniform. My thought is that we should just paint the boards and put rugs over them. I also love rubber flooring but I think that might be too out of keeping. Everywhere I've lived seems to have sagging floors and this can be quite noticeable. What do others do? Any ideas gratefully received.

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.