jen1215

Blinds or curtains?

jen1215
8 years ago
Can anyone advise what window treatment would work best for this large sliding door and adjoining window. We love the wall of glass in the daytime and don't want to lose the look of the wood frame around the window /slider but we need some shade from the sun, and don't want to fade furniture etc. Also we are somewhat overlooked and would like some privacy in this room which is a kitchen living diner and where we spend most of our time.

I'm considering a light curtain but fear that when pulled back it will cover a good bit of the window on either side.

We're also looking at roller blinds in 3 sections, 2 over the slider and one at the window hung just beneath the wall above the window. There's a few issues with this also in terms of the dangling chain for the middle blind and making sure they aren't too heavy for the wall..(plasterboard)

What do you think looks best curtains or blinds? And which is more practical?

Any other ideas welcome!
Also please ignore the messy layout..not finished yet and new couch ordered for the space!

Comments (23)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.