lisamarie1000

Curtain and interior design help please

lisamarie1000
8 years ago

Hi, we have just bought a house we are fully renovating - in the lounge we will be stripping wall paper & artex, skirting, flooring, re-plastering opening the fire back up and fitting a log burner. I want a mix of country/traditional hunting lodge almost feel - that all sounds odd... So far I have in my head we want oak parquet floor throughout hall lounge and dining room. We have tan leather chesterfield style sofas, I have bought an antler style chandelier, I want the joules animal cushions and I love f&b downpipe paint either on chimney brest or in alcoves either side of the chimney... then other walls a chalky white shade and perhaps even some wallpaper.. I love some pics I found on here of side benches built into alcoves with storage under and a seat pad on top... (see pics) but then where does the TV go? My big thing is what curtains to tie it all in?! Please find attached my look book/ideas - right hand side is existing room with sellers furniture etc... as I said I want a country feel but also incorporating 1930s/traditional... Im thinking colours f&b downpipe, purple and sage... Thankyou

Comments (44)

• PRO
    Blinds 2go
    8 years ago

We're not usually ones to suggest white on here as we like people to be a little more brave with their homes, but in this case, white is certainly right!
    We would, however, be keen to suggest either roman blinds or wooden venetians! Both options can add softness to a room and it'd bring a lovely modern twist to the whole scheme.

Shaker Cream Wooden Blind · More Info

Hope this gives you some food for thought and be sure to get in touch if you have anymore questions.

lisamarie1000 thanked Blinds 2go
  • minnie101
    8 years ago

With the chandelier and cushions I would probably go for a plaid:) Where will the purple and sage come in with the joules cushions? alternatively have a look at both sandersons and harlequins 1930s range of fabrics. Or go for a pale-mid grey to balance the White and downpipe walls. The built in seats look good but unless you want the tv over the fire (think you'd need some kind of mantle with a log burner) it doesn't look as if there's room from what I can see in the pic?

• Related Discussions

Please advise if this curtain matches the interior?

Q

Comments (10)
    Hello, I can say that curtains do work in your interior and also I understand where your doubts are coming from. Your curtains have a quiet large pattern! For this reason curtains stand out as a main room feature and the rest room decor looks less meaningful next to it. Leave your curtains, they are great! Better consider next >> There are three white walls with white sofa in the middle are too well blended together and totally lost. You need to add accent. I would suggest to paint central wall in light grey or medium grey (in fact, any grey tone!) and it will fix a whole room at once! Another thing, when you go monochrome design route, consider add textures. Add cushions from different fabrics: woolly, furry, cotton, velvet etc. Make it more interesting! When you are in the room, your eyes should stop on something, catch something interesting. At the moment, your curtains is this "something interesting" . But it can be easily fixed! :) Kind regards, Alena
    ...See More

Inspiration please ! Colour scheme and interior design

Q

Comments (8)
    Hi Simone, Firstly you could have two similar colour schemes that would look nice either way. Light grey walls with white / cream and browns OR Cream walls with brown and wood Here are a few ideas for how these colours look together. So this is what the grey walls would look like with the colour scheme. And the cream walls Here is some lighting that would complement either colour scheme. 9 Light Slender Arm Chandelier - Nickel 5 Light Tiered Glass Shade with Aluminium Rods - Chrome & Glass Large Crystal Basket Flush Ceiling Light - Antique Brass If your not too keen on any of these lights, we have lots more on our Litecraft website www.litecraft.co.uk Here are some cushions and wall décor you could add in to make your room feel more cosy and welcoming. Square Mirror Picture Frame with Glittered Daisy Illustration - Silver Luxury Faux Fur Cushion - Grey Luxury Micro Fleece - Mocha Hope this helps. If you have any questions feel free to contact us by emailing customerservice@litecraft.co.uk or by calling 0161 359 4777 Kind Regards Litecraft Team
    ...See More

Living Room Interior Design Help

Q

Comments (6)
    The human brain prefers symmetry so the room is looking odd right now due to the fire/tv, - it could be that the fire is actually centre in that wall, although it appears not to be. I would add a custom built-in in the space to the left of the TV. Make it floor to ceiling and to fit flush with the fireplace wall to give the illusion of one long wall. You could get a joiner to build it for you or as you like to create for yourself, do a search of Ikea Billy bookcase hacks. I have seen a lot of people use these to be very creative when making built-ins. Assuming the fire and TV stays the same, to balance the wall the other side, add some very slim shelving at the same horizontal heights of your built-in. A value for money solution here would be Ikea picture shelves. They are very slimline (they won't stick out far from the wall) and you can stand photos/art of them or small ornaments. I would think about a couple of lamp tables to add some lamps and accessories. Not sure if you are changing the colour but I would also add an accent colour (or two) and maybe use it in a rug and some cushions or accessories and art. A coffee table may also work - maybe glass to give the appearance of that space still being open. On the back wall behind the sofas how about two large pieces of artwork either side of that middle section. I would also get rid of those wall lights as they are not wired in.
    ...See More

Interior design help for a blank wall

Q

Comments (15)
    Sorry, those rugs were both oka and they're not particularly cheap! Would these work as alternatives? They're both from JOhn Lewis and may be worth a look. I agree the tv needs to have something under it. Have you actually found any low consoles and will the tv sit flat once the mantle is up as it looks tight? I know it's the reason you posted but it's tricky to get furniture height to work with mantle height, you also need to make the console is wide enough for the tv to sit on, not too high for tv viewing plus make sure neither of the pieces encroach on the fire! What's the actual distance either side of the fire from the corners? You could try celerygirls idea, moving the tv over a bit more to the left and swap the curtains for Roman blinds hung outside of the recess to add height and not block light? Or go for a corner unit like this with a matching set of drawers or console. Personally I would put some boxes there to trial it before buying! https://www.cotswoldco.com/living-room-furniture/tv-stands/chester-large-corner-tv-unit---up-to-56/
    ...See More
  • lisamarie1000
    Original Author
    8 years ago

love the picture... its very similar to our new kitchen being fitted in a few weeks! - alabaster oak cabinets and oak worktop! So white on three walls and downpipe on chimney breast or alcoves and chimney breast white? I was just thinking if we built in a tv unit in one alcove then maybe do backgrounds of alcove in downpipe to hide the tv a bit

• Susan Peterson
    8 years ago

I agree with Blinds 2go keep the window furnishings light. I would lean towards roman blinds for a softer cosier look to go with your country feel. Maybe a fabric with a slight texture would look great. harlequin.uk.com

• mrsmcee74
    8 years ago
    I think either a plain linen in a natural/cream colour (see pic below), a tweed, or a plaid ( http://www.tangletree-interiors.co.uk/fabric/zoffany/malin-weaves-fabric/malin-plaid/malin-plaid---331055---heathersage/ )go with the whole country thing. Love your ideas :)
  • lisamarie1000
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Having a total re think / panic... I just can't see it all coming together think I need to get walls and ceilings stripped and then look again... Now worrying downpipe will be too dark :-( I worry as this bay window is the only window blinds may take away some of the needed light... Also as much as I LOVE joules cushions the colours don't go with my original plan... Definites are oak parquet floor and the antler light the rest is now up in the air :-( thanks everyone for your help sorry I'm just having a bit of a melt down hitting my head against a brick wall with it all!!!!
  • lisamarie1000
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Having a total re think / panic... I just can't see it all coming together think I need to get walls and ceilings stripped and then look again... Now worrying downpipe will be too dark :-( I worry as this bay window is the only window blinds may take away some of the needed light... Also as much as I LOVE joules cushions the colours don't go with my original plan... Definites are oak parquet floor and the antler light the rest is now up in the air :-( thanks everyone for your help sorry I'm just having a bit of a melt down hitting my head against a brick wall with it all!!!!
  • Susan Peterson
    8 years ago

Hello Lisa Marie don't panic I really like your scheme (as per your image) and the grey will work if you keep 3 of your walls white, ceiling and trims and blinds/curtains. I know you love the cushions but in the overall scheme this are a highlight and they won't last forever. The scheme needs to be flexible so you can add other highlight prints/cushions and art over the next 5 years.

• Jonathan
    8 years ago
    As usual I agree with Minnie. Think tartan.
    I also like your concept and think that some heavy wool fabrics, your leather sofa, and some deep colours will make this room wonderfully cosy. Stick to your guns it sounds fab.
  • PRO
    Walnut Designs
    8 years ago
    Hi. First remember that rooms are for summer and winter. So add your "winter" cosines in throws and faux fur cushions for your Hunting lodge theme. Have your fun cushions for summer.
    Your tan sofas could get "lost" in your oak floor and so add a lighter rug to stop the floor dominating the room.
    The room needs to be multi seasonal and so I would paint the walls Farrow and Ball Wimborne white with the exception of the Chimney breast and the alcove furthest away from the window. Paint them your Grey. This will add interest to the room and will help to balance the black of the wood burner and the television. Paint the opposite alcove in the Wimborne and fit both alcoves with chunky light oak open shelves. Make the lower shelf that supports the television slightly deeper. Put a large picture on the chimney with a white frame to tie the areas to each other.
    To keep the room slightly traditional I suggest plain pale grey curtains with off white tie-backs to allow light in. I thinks that this will give you a good backdrop that will take you through the seasons and allow you to add layers of bric a brac and soft furnishings accordingly. Good Luck.
    Jan ( walnut-designs.co.uk)
  • lisamarie1000
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Thankyou all for your help - so walnut designs you would do one alcove and chimney in downpipe- I've never heard of this or seen it before - I was thinking chimney Brest downpipe and alcoves a white or alcoves downpipe and chimney Brest white.
  • lisamarie1000
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Other option is a tv cabinet (stand alone piece of furniture in one alcove with tv on and then build in shelves or a seat/bench or something in Other one or another piece of furniture in other one? We do have a tv cabinet and matching nest of tables we could use in there but it's one of those corona Mexican pine ones ... Saying that we could paint them...
  • PRO
    Walnut Designs
    8 years ago
    Hi. Yes. That way the room has interest. If you paint the whole wall in downpipe it will dominate. If you paint the alcoves grey and the chimney white, then the chimney will come "forward". Black TV and black stove are very dominant and you really need to knock them back. So the white in the alcove near the window will open that area up. Trust me. I have been doing this now for 35 years..... Good luck.
    Jan ( www.walnut-designs.co.uk )
    lisamarie1000 thanked Walnut Designs
  • khorton_0
    8 years ago

We are doing the same as you right now!! Moving into a new flat and renovating it all! We are not sure whether to get skimming or plastering or re-plastering of our rooms....do you know the difference and what are you going to do? Also do we need to choose lighting before the re-plastering? Are you doing this? What lighting are you going for in the rooms? We also need blinds. We might try Hillarys blinds? Does anyone have experience with them? Sorry for asking questions more than giving you advice here! Good luck with your renovating!!!

• lisamarie1000
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Skimming is the top coat of plaster - plastering is a whole process from start to finish so if it was a new build there is dry lining etc but if renovating is just re skimming you will need (if re doing all walls & ceiling) other option is patching where only cracks etc are patched or a area plastered over instead of all room... We haven't completed yet so can't start stripping walls yet - but my advice is if you haven't yet stripped walls do this first and then decide as you will then see exactly what you are dealing with - also if replacing skirting and architrave this may pull plaster off too... Basically strip all out then look at it all... We for example are knocking walls down, replacing windows/doors, converting etc so with us its a case of getting all bear as such then once all stripped out then plastering - it will also be cheaper if a plasterer does all plastering at once instead of coming out for a half day here and there - we are paying a plasterer to do the plastering but my husband is doing a lot of the work himself as he is a chartered construction manager so this is a walk in the park for him! Best of luck with yours!
  • lisamarie1000
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Yes I would definitely choose lighting first - we are having a chandelier in lounge - some light fitting (still to choose) in dining room - haven't decided in kitchen yet... Still have family room, bed rooms hall and landing to decide - thinking maybe some spotlights as extra lights but not main lights
  • Emmanuelle
    8 years ago
    Just painted my front lounge(see pic) dark blue... I am pleased with it! It is so cosy! Go for it, you will love it too!
  • lisamarie1000
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Emmanuel - gorgeous pic!! Love the chimney Brest - what colour is the alcoves either side of the Brest and rest of room - can you take a picture from standing further back of the Room? Love what I see! Well done!
  • PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Hello Lisamarie1000 A few ideas for you.... The cushions are bold.. So with that in mind, I'd pick these colours out with the curtains/ venetian blinds.. You could have a ticking stripe with these three colours suggested on a creamy background- to link the cushions to the rest of the room. Depending on the light situation which should determine the colour on the walls. You could add a few ticking stripe cushions to the 3 to add contrast. For the walls I'd suggest a chalky colour on the walls, F&B Elephant's breath is a nice one. Keep the window frames a really creamy white and any skirting. Don't see any cornice. Are you going to open the fireplace back up? If so I'd choose a slightly darker shade for the chimney breast. Place a mirror over it to bounce light from window into the room. Perhaps place any table at other end if you're having it so there is a sitting arrangement linking fireplace and window. Add a red, green and blue tartan throw for sofa or chair to again link cushions and venetian blinds. This also lends itself well to the antler chandelier. If you are going to paint any of the walls white- keep it a chalky creamy white. Whitening by Little Greene is nice. It will lift the room but I'd suggest the opposite wall to the fireplace if you are doing that at all. Then a lighter version of whatever you put on the chimney breast either side in the alcoves. You could add a small wood stove... Cream ones are nice and lighten it up from the traditional black... :))

• lisamarie1000
    Original Author
    8 years ago

thanks aj interiors - love your adice - will this still work with the f&b downpipe on chimney brest? yes we are opening firplace and putting in a log burner

• lisamarie1000
    Original Author
    8 years ago

I can not decide on whether to buy the 4th cushion in the range - its a yellow hare one - I originally thought no as no yellow in scheme and its adding another colour but then I thought it may brighten it all up and can easily add yellow bits. Please find attached a pic of the cushions with the yellow one and a chair with all 4 on... I however would split them up and not put all on one armchair

• PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd
    8 years ago

Hello Lisamarie1000 Glad you like my advice. :) Yes the colour you have included in your image is gr8! For the alcoves just choose something lighter that compliments.. You could then carry this onto the opposite wall or add the creamy white to opposite wall. Glad you're putting in a burner... I think the yellow would be good as it goes well with the F&B Downpipe colour. Green & yellow and then blue and pink somewhere else as you said. You could even add a yellowish background to the venetians if you're having those, but I think it's going to look very stylish indeed.. :)) Ps the photo illustrates having contrasting walls.. Ie your Downpipe colour with a white creamy colour.. I am about to wallpaper the alcoves to compliment the chimney breast more as I'm transitioning to a dark interior. Just thought I'd show you the difference here. Should you decide on something light either side of chimney breast. Also see the plain surround. I have simply added a wooden mantle (it's just plain wood painted on two lovely brackets.. I didn't have a budget so I looked for ways around that....;)

• lisamarie1000
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Love your pictures!!!! Thankyou! Cushions ordered - all 4 :-) not going to go for blinds as I want as much light as possible so I just need to find the right curtains - definitely doing chimney Brest in downpipe - stil not sure where to put tv ad whether to build in shelving for it or a stand alone piece of furniture - I'm getting there though - and much happier with it all - thanks everyone !
  • khorton_0
    8 years ago
    Thankyou for your help too! Please post pictures when you are finished!
  • lisamarie1000
    Original Author
    8 years ago

AJ interior - is this picture your lounge or one you have styled for someone... I love it! OK im going f&b downpipe on chimney brest a whitey/cream other walls and still to decide on alcoves... Think it will depend on whether we build in cupboard/shelves or stand alone furniture... I still cant decide where to put TV? Where is the TV in your room ? I have a Mexican pine tv cabinet

t (see pic- this is taken in our old house not new one so ignore floor etc) I could use but I'm not sure whether it will go? I could paint it ? Or we could built in a stand/shelf or it could mount on wall... either way alcoves are not particularly wide (1010 and 1075mm) also definitely not going for blinds as I want as much light as possible in the room so curtains still to decide on...

• PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd
    8 years ago

Hello Lisamarie10000, Yes thank you so much! It's my living room, but I could create a similar look for someone else- It's just 1 look.... It was done with a very small budget, which is something I specialise in- I love luxury thought and have a very picky "Eye" - I'm a procurement specialist.... I call it styling but it's the same as design- I do the whole thing! So okay curtains it is.. I would not recommend a pelmet and keep them as clean lined as possible. If the alcoves are smaller then I would definitely not fill them up with shelving or such.. It will detract from the fireplace which you want give it's proper space and it will open the room by keeping it simple.. Its your choice though of course.. Choose something that is perhaps a small side table on one side.. Tv cabinet on the other? The differing heights add visual interest. The stand you could paint yes! Good idea... If you have more wood in the room, see what else, so they compliment. If you want to place it in the alcove with the TV then the right hand side - not close to the window I'd say if you must have it. Haha yes.. I actually don't have a tv! Well spotted! I hate to see them in people's living rooms... I'd be discreet with it, so see if you can place a vase of flowers or something to tone it's visibility.. You want people to walk in and see the room and the fireplace..

You may want to think of a mirror on the opposite wall... This bounces light and is great for creating the idea of more space even in big rooms, they are excellent... : ))

lisamarie1000 thanked Amber Jeavons Ltd
  • lisamarie1000
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Thankyou so much everyone - OK Downpipe on chimney brest, window wall and wall facing window (right wall as you come in Wimbourne white?) Ive searched and searched for a photo of one alcove painted the same colour as the chimney brest and the other white but I cant find any examples of this Walnut designs and Im struggling imagining it... Do you have any photos of this idea? What colour would you paint the opposite wall to the chimney brest.. wimbourne too or would you add a third complementing colour?

• PRO
    Walnut Designs
    8 years ago
    Hi
    All walls Wimborne white except chimney and right alcove.
    Jan
    www.walnut-designs.co.uk
    lisamarie1000 thanked Walnut Designs
  • PRO
    Bloc Blinds
    8 years ago

Hi Lisa Marie,

I really like your design ideas and colours you have mentioned so far. The parquet flooring will be beautiful. In keeping with the lodge theme I'd like to suggest the below checked fabric, Kintyre Hamilton Green, from our new collection. It is a dimout fabric so won't block out all the light as I know this was a concern of yours. Alternatively to keep the room in a country theme you could opt for a lighter fabric in Chenille. It's quite hard to see the pattern from the below pics but if you give us a call (0800 107 5535) we are happy to send out some free fabric samples so you can see what works best with your scheme.

What is unique about our blinds is the fact that you can easily swap your fabrics without replacing the complete system by just hooking off the old fabric and hooking on the new one. This means if you change your mind about your colour scheme down the line or decide you would like to block out all the light with a blackout fabric

Best of luck with such an exciting project, hope you post the end result!

Kiera

• lisamarie1000
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Thankyou for your blind advice - I love them and your fabric but I really don't want blinds in this room as light is quite a big issue in there so I need to keep re windows as open as possible ... I will definitely be getting some blinds off you for our kitchen though! Thankyou!!!!
  • lisamarie1000
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    I came across this chair today totally randomly and unexpecting and fell in love with it but I can't decide if it goes at all in my lounge - don't think it really does or would fit anywhere but I had to post it!!!!
  • lisamarie1000
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Also considering selling our leather suite - 3 seater sofa, 2 seater sofa, armchair and poof as that will not all fit in the room and they seem to be selling for more than I thought on eBay..... Hmmmm a lighter sofa could really help!!!!!
  • minnie101
    8 years ago

Hi. I love the idea of bringing tartan into the room. I do wonder if the pink is too light though? Assuming you're sticking with your original colours why not go for something in heather as per attached link? http://www.justfabrics.co.uk/furniture/chairs/camila-stroma/. I also think your sofas will work with the style of the room. I'd be tempted to just keep the 3 seater and have the occasional chair somewhere by the window or alcove depending on what you do with the alcove although being able to see the floor will increase the feeling of space. As someone else said use a rug to contrast between the floor and sofa. I know you originally wanted wallpaper, have you thought about panel effect as this would work with your theme? This is shown in wood but you can get white/off white versions. Just another thought, if the room is that dark maybe it's best not to fight it, the cosy feel would look lovely with your style. If you're putting the tv in the downpipe alcove I would either paint your tv unit or a chunky shelf in downpipe so it recedes into the wall

• lisamarie1000
    Original Author
    8 years ago

thanks everyone - one last silly question - what colour would you do skirting? We have bought new tall skirting - all walls will be Wimborne white apart from the feature downpipe... Also would you do the same colour skirting throughout the house or different? floors downstairs will be oak parquet... dining room will be cooking apple green, ball green or vert de terre and the hall is still to decide...

• PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd
    8 years ago

Hello Lisamarie, Wimborne white is quite white, so doesn't give you much room with the whites.. I would paint the woodwork in line with what is going on in each room, according to how much visibility you want.. Skirting heights are relevant to the ceiling height, so the higher the ceiling the higher the skirting, bigger the room etc.. There is a really good way of achieving extra height in a lot of ways that does not involve replacement..... Also you may want to add another wall in downpipe... On to colour for the skirting and other woodwork including dado, picture rail, cornice and architrave ...

I actually have a complete contrast...in my bedroom the chimney breast is dark grey, some of the walls are a warm cream matt and the alcoves next to the fireplace will have paper a geometric design with grey/purple and gold and cream... The woodwork is all a dark grey/purple very very matt and a colour I mixed myself.. So the skirting and window frame which has a wooden panel all the way to the floor is a really deep matt purple..(grey tone) So really it is entirely up to what aesthetic you want my description of my room which whilst you might loath the sound of it.. : )) is really just to be explanatory.. ... However I do like a more dramatic look.. So yes you really could go with complimentary but bolder colours to lift.. just like you might with the main wall colour and the piece between the picture rail and cornice... .. It's just a question of the look you want.... : ))

lisamarie1000 thanked Amber Jeavons Ltd
  • lisamarie1000
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Thanks AJ... So in your honest opinion would you not paint the other walls Wimborne? Ps Your room sounds lovely - wish I had your imagination!

• PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd
    8 years ago

Hello Lisamarie, Thank you very much! Well look at it like this, I offer up ideas I would do or consider but then you need to see what works for you and what you like, in my suggestions.. My advice is never impartial though as I am far too invested in what I do and love.. You do need to consider the furniture though but despite all these ideas your bright cushions will still add a really nice contrast..

What I was thinking, because I have this same experience... I painted the chimney breast only in grey.. I then painted the walls a cream colour, skirting in white. In your case it would be Wimborne for the walls and All White for the woodwork... ... I lived with it for a while but felt bored. It wasn't dramatic or characterful.. .. So I went on to paint the left wall where the window is and the opposite wall.. So 3 sides will now have dark grey 1 of the walls has an 8 ft by 6 ft mirror though the other is the chimney breast and the alcoves will be papered Oreste charcoal by Zoffany.. When I have got around to paying my pro-forma! ;) ..... (It's going to be a dark interior for the living room).. So I then painted all the window frames and windows black against the window panes and again a purple/grey colour I made for the frames, skirting, picture rail and architrave. It is coming along but not finished.. I have very little £ so I have to do things when I can..

Why not get some A4 paper and a few sample pots of nice chalky whites and creams, I do like pointing, also Shaded White and Clunch are really gr8 ... Stick some on the wall and some of the skirting colour on the skirting... You want to butt them up close together, so you can see them together... Look throughout the day at the changes. Duplicate the wall colours at eye level too.. so you can see at more height.. The room will look like a bad shave day!

: ) )

Colours will change depending on the light.. choose a colour that is just a little creamier, so that if you want the woodwork white... you can still get a contrast.. Otherwise it will be white wall and woodwork and a downpipe chimney breast... So let's just say you went with some contrast... For Downpipe you could have Plummett or Manor house grey for the wood work... You could do the floor too.... Take these ideas and extend them to the other rooms... See what feels right.. Let me know what you think and if you get all that... and have more questions.. I just can't ever write a paragraph!! :))

• PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd
    8 years ago

Hello Lisamarie, A few snaps of bedroom to show you what I mean with a stark contrast to walls and woodwork..... Room not finished but that's okay, It's easier to visualise what I was describing.. : ))

• lisamarie1000
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Hello, right finally we are round to doing the front room the chimney has been opened, lintol in and fire proof boarded. The skirting boards have gone and the wall paper has been stripped off the roof ready for the plasterer on Tuesday... So I'm still set on downpipe for the chimney brest but not decided on other walls and am now tempted with babouche or Indian yellow somewhere maybe in the alcoves either sode of fireplace but this may be odd? Any thoughts please

• lisamarie1000
    Original Author
    8 years ago

• lisamarie1000
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Hello all, nearly a year on and the room is nearly finished! (Along with the rest of the house!) here are some pics I've taken this morning - I've had to put the light on as it was early morning and not that light outside!!! Well my husbands rowing machine has had to live in here but it does blend into the downpipe thankfully

also please ignore the mirror and things stored against the sideboard and down side of sofa... I'm painting the hall and pictures and things are from there! So are temporary! Just onto curtains now ... Thinking pencil pleat as there is a rail in the top of the window and a tartan /check ...

• lisamarie1000
    Original Author
    7 years ago

I like these from John Lewis

However I'm not sure....

• lisamarie1000
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Also it looks really dark in the picture but it isn't ... I will get a picture later today.., walls are f&b elephants breath and f&b downpipe

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.