hanna_b_migon

light, open dining room/family room with awkward space - help!

hanna_b_migon
8 years ago

We are about to move into a new house that we are renting. We need to use the back room as a joint dining area and family room. The natural light is nice (skylights and windows), but there is an awkward small extension towards the backyard that creates a very small space in the back of the room. We have a large dining room table that is 1.2m x 1.8m, but other than that we will be buying furniture for this room. We'd like an eating area and a sitting area, no TV necessary. Our style is a little rustic, a little traditional (but neither to the extreme), comfortable, friendly and inviting. We love the outdoors. The attached dimensions are in cm unless noted in metres. Any ideas on how to maximize this awkward space would be much appreciated!

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.