mhudson666

Colour ideas for a bedroom revamp in a late Victorian semi

mhudson666
8 years ago
Hi
We are very lucky to live in a late Victorian semi with many many untouched details. The PO has for the most part done a great job keeping it in good order, with the exception of some of the colours.
We are doing the rooms slowly and for now are looking for a quick solution to one room that we are going to move into while we have visitors.
It has wood chip which we will only be over painting for now, and dark wooden floorboards which we love. The walls are a dark red/ burgundy and we'd like to lighten the room up without making it feel too modern. We have and love dark wooden furniture too so we aren't sure if this will look out of place when it's lighter.
It's quite a simple room; my main concern is what to do with the skirting and picture rail; darker than the main colour/ contrast, etc.
we think we both could live with a pale cream or green, but would love to see or hear some ideas.
Apologies for the state of the room; it's been a temporary storage area for 2years!

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.