lisamarie1000

New Sofa/Seating in lounge advice please - colours,styles, layout etc

lisamarie1000
8 years ago

Hello,

Im looking for sofa/seating advice please... We are fully renovating our house - please find attached two pictures of the existing room (decorated and furnished by the person we have bought the house from!) We will be stripping the wall paper, ripping up the carpet and opening up the chimney brest to put in a log burner. We will be painting the chimney brest F&B downpipe and the other walls F&B Wimborne White. We have bought an antler style chandelier (as pictured) we will be laying an oak parquet floor and we have bought these animal themed cushions as pictured... We will also be adding some tartan to add to the hunting lodge/heritage/Country/British/preppy ish look!!!! We do have a brown chesterfield style leather suite but I feel it will be too dark in the room and it is too big to fit in (a big 3 seater sofa, a 2 seater, an armchair and a puff) Therefore I've decided to sell it on ebay and buy a whole new suite/sofas/seating - Where would you put these sofas/seats and what style/colours would you recommend... I'm thinking light to take my cushions an to and a nice separate armchair to go in the window... This is a big decision that could make or break our whole idea and room. The room is not big - its 2420 long with an extra 690 into bay and 3340 wide (into the alcoves either side of the fire that are 360 deep) The chimney brest is 1250 wide and 360 deep with the alcoves 1010 and 1075 wide each... Please help!!!! Thankyou

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.