smuze

Protecting my new off road parking space ... ideas please

smuze
8 years ago

We live in a very rural area, on a single track lane. We're currently having the space in front of our detached garage extended as part of having the very poorly built stone walls rebuilt. The idea was to create more off road parking, and once the wall is finished, the contractor will concrete the new larger footprint. However the stone mason has mentioned that in our shoes he'd be worried about people using this area as a passing place ... now cars and vans wouldn't be a problem, but very heavy agricultural machines regularly trundle by, and their weight could crack concrete. He suggested bollards & chains, but I feel they'd look too suburban for our hamlet. Any ideas or suggestions? I did wonder about a line of white painted rocks?

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.