emtickner

Puppy proof rug

emtickner
8 years ago
Hi everyone!

We've recently repainted our living room and need a new rug and curtains to finish it off. But we have a 5month old puppy who loves to claw and chew rugs and walk muddy footprints through the house! So light coloured or expensive rugs are a no-go.

The room is also quite square so rectangular rugs look a bit strange with the furniture arrangement which has to stay as it is. (It's the only way it fits)

The living room is dark with only 1 small north facing window. We love the dark blue wall as it makes it feel snug rather than stark so that's staying. Pastel colours seem to look really washed out in there. We're open to colour and pattern unless everyone thinks that would make it look too busy?

I've attached pics from a few angles so you can see the dimensions of the room. I was thinking a 200cm x 200cm would cover the main area of the room but they're quite hard to find (not keen on the ikea ones that are this size).

Please help!

PS I'm going to paint the white racks the same colour as the wall to blend them in. We can't afford to rip them out and replaster at the moment :)

Comments (35)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.