lisamarie1000

Advice on curtian length in little girls pirate themed bedroom please

lisamarie1000
8 years ago

Please ignore all current furniture, decoration,carpet etc... We complete on our house tomorrow and these pictures I took with the sellers furniture etc in... This will be our three year old girls pirate themed room... WE have crown fairy dust and tropical ocean and my husband wants to paint really big wide stripes on the left wall behind the exisiting bed... she will have a cabin bed with pull out desk behind the door alongside this left wall. We are putting oak engineered wood down and I love this girlie pirate fabric by sarah jane with the girl pirates on (as pictured in middle) to make curtains with - just need help on what length to do?? I also want to buy some extra babric to make cushions and framed wall pics with... Thanks in advance.

Comments (2)

• Susan Peterson
    8 years ago

I would always suggest to do full length curtains and raise them above the window frame. From the picture I can see a heater under the window. If this is staying then full length curtains will not be suitable. I dislike window length curtains. Have you considered roman blinds instead of curtains?

Girl's Bedroom Scheme · More Info

• lisamarie1000
    Original Author
    8 years ago

thanks - I agree with full length but yes the only radiator for the room is under it... I think we are out of time and need to buy some ready made curtains just not sure if 54 drop will look silly... there is a rail already there we will be using and unfortunately my hubby really does not like blinds...

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.