chebsy12

I'm lost! Please help with my kitchen.

Amanda
8 years ago
I got some great advice and help recently with my living room so was hoping I could get some help with my kitchen to : )

I just can't get it to work, I think I've gone wrong in every possible way. I built a workbench (with a little help from husband and yet to be completely finished) using reclaimed wood and then used a scaffolding board for a shelf, as far as function goes it's great, I have a syndrome that effects my hands and so on a bad day it's great for me as most things are in easy reach.....but I just don't know how to pull everything together.

I love the industrial look and also the French look, I want my kitchen to be light and I'm worried that now I've stained the workbench (almost!) that the kitchen will be too dark, even though I have white wall tiles to go up. I did plan to paint the walls white to brighten it up but will this be boring? I have no idea what colour to paint the cupboards (renewing isn't an option with our budget) but have played about a bit with grey as you can see in the picture. I have black grout for my tiles but am now thinking maybe I should use white instead? The light pendants are recycled, originally from a nightclub and they had bronze coloured grills on them, I've included an image of them with the grills, I took them off though because I thought they looked far too big for the space? In the same picture you can see the wood used to build the workbench before I oiled it.....should I of left it this colour, have I made a mistake?

I have no idea what colour worktops to buy, I have a white sink which has been sat in its box for over a month waiting for me to make a decision! I've included a picture of the sink.

I want the kitchen to be light but more importantly I need it to work for me, but I just feel its turning into a mess! Please help!

Comments (544)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.