jon_stevens

Budget Kitchen Transformation

Jon Stevens
8 years ago

When my wife and I bought our house, the kitchen was bland. The walls, cabinets, appliances and floor were different shades of the same color, blah. We didn't have a big budget for a renovation, so we we starting looking for deals. We found a number of affordable solutions that I have outlined below.

Before:

We used the Rustoleum Cabinet Transformation kit ($75 and a long weekend) to do the cabinets and we couldn't be happier. The finish seems durable and we love the texture added by the optional glaze. We found granite for $35/sqft ($1400 total) installed at a local business running a deal. The rectangular offset porcelain tile floor was about $1/sqft ($150 total) at a local surplus store. The white subway tile backsplash is from Home Depot for $2.50/sqft ($100 total). The new cabinet and drawer pulls were sold in packs of 10 at Home Depot (about $30 total).

The total transformation came in under $2000 excluding appliances. Here's the (almost) finished product. What do you think?

After:

Comments (17)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.