houzzukpolls

POLL: Breakfast time - Kettle, drip coffee machine or espresso maker?

HouzzUK Polls
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

When it comes to breakfast time, which appliance do you most rely on? Do you stick to the good old-fashioned kettle on the hob, or go for an electric one? Or perhaps if you're a coffee person, which coffee maker gets you going?

Vote in our poll and share your morning favourites - photos welcome!

Comments (24)

• philip mills
    8 years ago
    Kettle man here!
  • vinnie8859
    8 years ago
    Dripped coffee ... You get your morning fix AND you get the aromas as it keeps itself hot and ready mmmmm
  • Olena Tkach
    8 years ago

All our family needs a cup of tea as soon as our eyes are open in the morning, so the electric kettle wins for us.

• bruket
    8 years ago

First a cup of tea, using a pot to boil the water on an Aga, when that is consumed I heat half a cup of milk in the microwave and add a double shot of espresso made in a machine.

• keen bean
    8 years ago

De'longhi coffee machine that does latte/cappuccino/espresso with milk frother too. Luxury! (it was last year's birthday pressie from kind hubby). You can't beat it. We both drink more coffee than is good for us I'm sure!

• atalantah
    8 years ago

I have a Jura Impressa J9 One Touch coffee machine that I simply adore, because it grinds coffee beans for each cup, and I originally bought it for cappuccino but now I love a straight coffee first thing in the morning, and my son likes a latte - set how we like them! Hurrah! I had to save up for it for a long time, but it is so worth it! :)

• pavinia
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

I would 100% not be able to get through the day without a kettle!

• PRO
    JML Garden Rooms
    8 years ago

Have tried just about all of the above, but am too lazy.. good ole electric kettle and plunger for me...

• User
    8 years ago

Never bothered with anything other than an electric kettle because I just couldn't be a****! A cup of Twinings and I'm good to go.

• Heather Welsh
    8 years ago
    I have a jura coffee machine that I love. It feels like a treat every morning to have a coffee made directly from fresh beans.
  • zuzi80
    8 years ago

Espresso machine, as Italian expat in Ireland :-), and to be more specific my Nespresso...in love with it.

• Jackie Hayward
    8 years ago

Kettle and good old Yorkshire Tea to make me human for the day ahead.

• Emmeline Westin
    8 years ago

Kettle and mint tea, please!

• HU-714296
    8 years ago

Atomic Robbiati!!

• patiencemupondah
    8 years ago
    espresso machine, French toast, yummy!
  • clintonbeattie
    8 years ago
    Electric Kettle + Aeropress. Boil kettle for tea/coffee/boiling eggs. Aeropress is simple and easy to clean. Makes for practical and efficient morning routine.
  • Suparat Saengchan
    8 years ago
    nice expresso coffee
  • Iona
    8 years ago

Kettle for boiling water, then cafetiere

• Norman Richardson
    8 years ago
    We have a Quooker instant boiling hot water tap. Never use a kettle these days.
  • Lisa de Araujo
    8 years ago
    Once upon a time I bought a Kmix filter coffee maker in cream and it was perfect. It was so pretty and made such nice coffee - if only a bijou 2 and a half cups at a time. Three months later it started to leak, but I loved it so much, I returned it and got the same again. It was lovely. Until it leaked again. Then I replaced it again - third time's a charm! But it did it again. Believe it or not, I did this 6 times because I couldn't find another coffee maker I liked (I don't like espresso and it has to look nice - those are my criteria). But I finally had to admit defeat.

In the end, I went totally electric free with a Bodum pour over coffee maker. I will never go back. Totally wireless. How modern!
  • craftycountess
    8 years ago
    Fresh water in kettle, warmed teapot, single origin Ceylon tea with milk, China mug - taken back to bed with my iPod !
  • PRO
    PE electrical services and building enterprises
    7 years ago

The physics of this device still continues to astound me.

• PRO
    User
    7 years ago

Filtered coffee all day long and a good quality freshly grind beans for a weekend espresso with a generous slice of cheesecake.

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.