smartiecake

External Brick wall behind cooker, tiles for splashback please?

smartiecake
8 years ago
Hello, Our new extension to an 1890s house has what was an external brick wall behind where I would like to put the cooker extractor/prep etc.
We would like to preserve and enhance as much original brick as possible.
The wall is beautiful, untreated and in good condition and I would like to enhance it, but with four small kids and a messy (ahem!) family, I feel we may need tiles as a splashback?

I am having a cherry red range cooker with an extractor with a glass shelf, and the pipe will have to be visible as its a run to outside, Im havingfreestanding beech units, and there are other areas of exposed brick in the same extension, so quit a relaxed look!
My taste would be for colourful handmade Mexican style tiles, but the bricks might look more in keeping with a brickshaped tile maybe.

Unfortunately Im not keen on metro tiles but do like the soft crackle glaze effect.

Any ideas for a splashback to complement lovely bricks, that is easy to clean ad would make a feature please?
thank-you!

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.