robh2687

Dark hallway with woodchip wallpaper

robh2687
8 years ago
Hello,
I am looking to brighten up my hallway/stairs and someone recommended looking for ideas on this website.
I am very much limited by budget.
The house is an pebbledash council house that hasn't as yet had much modernisation. So I hope you don't mind me sharing as it's nowhere near as up market as some of the photos on here.
The walls at the minute are painted a pale yellow and a cupboard has been built into the space above the landing. A window is in place on the outside wall in the right of the pictures.
A slight complication is that I have woodchip wallpaper to deal with too.
Originally I was just going to repaint but now I feel like taking on the challenge and putting the hard work in now to make the space a lot better. Plus a crack has appeared from the front door travelling through the wallpaper, even if this was filled I feel it wouldn't look as good if just painted over.
Ideally I would like the carpet to stay as in fairly good condition however trying to match up colours which I like has been difficult.
Spotted some great ideas with replacing the bannister with a glass one but not sure if that would be too costly for me.

Any ideas or suggestions would be great.
Thanks, holly :)

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.