xtine74

Impatient attempt at garden Design

xtine74
8 years ago
So whilst trying to avoid deciding what to do with my kitchen I've been spending too much time thinking of how to do my garden. Currently it's used by my little dog for doing her business and for drying clothes on the line now and again but I dream of it being a nice contemporary space I'll use for relaxing and occasionally entertaining.
I've fallen in love with a garden design (as in my 'Inspiration Garden' ideabook) and am waiting to hear back from the designer to see if they'd consider my job as I'm out of their area.
But being too impatient to wait I've started to plan out what I think might work - I've added pictures of the current state looking to & from house, and my attempt of a plan.

Basically I want very contemporary but simple low maintenance garden with 2 'sitting' areas to follow the sun (morning sun in rear corner by the garage wall) late afternoon sun the upper left hand side). I'd love a fire feature but not set on whether it needs to be built in or part of a table/firepit and would also a spot to put some type of metal sculpture at some stage.

Any feedback? Any hints of what my 'design' is lacking?

Comments (37)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.