leejones07

Kitchen / Living room Design Dilema

leejones07
8 years ago

Hi

We are doing a full re-furb on our house and I am really undecided on the best option for our kitchen / living area and would appreciate any help / guidance you could give me.

Option 1:

Our initial thought was to have a small island. have an extendable table that would fit in on the left hand side of the room, and have a small L shaped couch on the opposite side. After some thought we felt that maybe we were trying to fit too much into one room and started looking at option 2

Option 2:

Extend the island and make it an island / dining room table. Do away with the extendable table and just have the L shaped couch. I am concerned with this option that our island will consume all of the room and will be overpowering!

We do have a separate room in the front that we were going to use as a second lounge but are now thinking that maybe we should have a smaller island and use the second lounge now as a dining room

I'd greatly appreciate any advice you could give me on layout options and whether any of the above options are practical?

We are a couple aged between 30-35. We are wanting to have a family in the next couple of years and we love entertaining at home

Many thanks for your help

Leanne

Option 1:

Option 2:

Ground Floor House Plan:

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.