joannajade

HELP...Utilising space in a single storey extension

Joanna Rice
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I am currently having a single storey extension within building regs to the back and side of my house. The back opens up a kitchen / dinning room and also offers a snug / family room. The side extension gives a garage / storage, downstairs WC and 'another room'. This is the room I am struggling with. I think I have already decided to remove the door & window combination, replacing it with one big window so I can utilise the space better (It goes up to the boundary line) and make it a habitable / adaptable room (also considering future buyers)

I have very little time remaining to make these decisions and last night panic set in. I am due to make decisions with the builders on openings and I am questioning everything

- Do I need to have access to the garage other than from the front of the house? We plan to house gardening tools etc in the shed within the garden. Then the dilemma is being able to use the garage as a utility also. Do I bring the washing machine in to the kitchen plan?

INSPIRATION IS NEEDED.......

Any help / advice is much appreciated

Thank you for your time

Comments (15)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.