claire_reeves

Improve appearance of Edwardian 3 storey semi

Claire Reeves
8 years ago

We're nearing completion of a massive renovation and extension, but the front of the house needs a lot of TLC. Apologies for pile of timber I was loading to take the tip and the bins, which normally are tucked down the side! Dislikes - tatty brickwork, white upvc with cream paint, old soffits, brick paving. Everything is up for debate. Current possibilities are render the lot in white and replace white upvc windows with dark grey metal frames (too extreme?), or grey paint instead of white with all new fascias, clean up existing upvc windows, repoint brickwork. I don't think the white upvc looks good with white/cream paint. Considering removing tiled roof above bay window and having flat leaded roof above bay instead. Not sure what to do with pillar in porch. We will remove old alarm box, hide the bins down the side. We want new front door, not sure of colour. Prefer bonded gravel driveway instead of paving. Any thoughts, suggestion welcome. Thank you.

Comments (5)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.