silvia7641

See the difference we can make

Casa Colori
8 years ago
The owners inherited the flat from an old relative and they wanted to rent it out, but they felt that the flat was old-fashioned. The design was a major issue in finding tenants.

All rooms had heavily ornate wallpaper and old-fashioned furniture. The bedroom and lounge had curtains which were much too wide and the recess of the lounge did not have a proper function. The bathroom was outdated.
My customers were very keen to redecorate the flat but had limited funds.
This project was a real challenge, a lot to do and a small budget.

We started the work by removing the carpet pans the wallpaper. The carpet in the bedroom was replaced with a brand new dark brown carpet. Hardwood floor was fitted in the hallway and lounge (including the recess).
The bedroom was painted with a gentle yellow-green colour which gives a sense of calm and suits the wooden bed.

The lounge was painted in primrose to create a more vibrant environment. A feature wall was added using striped wallpaper, which emphasises the yellow-green of the couch and makes the room more vibrant. The fireplace was replaced with a modern one. The recess became a small office with a desk and a huge canvas on the wall like gigantic window on the world. As in the bedroom the curtains were replaced with Roman blinds. New furniture was brought in.

The finishing touches were kept to a minimum to allow future tenants to personalise the rooms.

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.