johnpartington

Design ideas for rebuilding a 1960s Porch

John
6 years ago

We have just bought a classic 1960s house - green toilets and basins, crazy-paved feature walls, cheap uPVC replacement windows fitted without lintels, etc. One main feature spoiling the front of the house is the porch - too much white plastic, a pillar built from stone-effect concrete bricks and inadequate foundations that have sunk with the weight of the pillar; it needs rebuilding.

Has anyone some ideas on how to improve it and the lounge window next to it? Pitched roof or flat? Larger glass panels? Incorporate the space into the house? Paint or clad the white render?

We thought about removing all the uPVC/glass panels and opening it up but that would seem to waste a usable clean and dry area and remove the insulation benefits.

Comments (27)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.