rebeccamomof123

Towel bar IN the bath? Do people do that? Show me?

rebeccamomof123
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

My very small, full bathroom is mid-way through its renovation. I have the Kohler Archer tub (30X60) that will be used as tub/shower combo taking up one entire side of my bathroom and the other side is the toilet and sink with a small 'walkway' between the two. I have a pocket door going in to save space and to eliminate the door swing. On the back wall, opposite the door is a window. I'm doing a shower curtain not glass. I have enough space for hand towels to hand form a ring next to the sink but literally NO wall space left for a towel bar, large enough to hang an open towel or bathmat for drying. I was thinking of a double train rack for over the toilet to store folded, clean towels (hotel-style) but I don't think there is enough space behind the toilet to hang an open towel in half.

My mom suggested putting the towel bar in the tub? Do people do that? Does it have to be tiled in to the tile surround? Tile starts on Monday, so I need to know asap. Help?

Comments (14)

Sponsored
United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.