sallyhamster

F&b samphire wallpaper & stifkey blue?

sallyhamster
8 years ago
Has anyone used the F&B samphire wallpaper & stiffkey blue colour?

I've had the paper for my living room for over a year & still haven't got it done as everyone keeps saying how dark it is! I really like the pop of the copper colour.

Would love to see/hear some success stories!
Thanks

Comments (6)

• Emmanuelle
    8 years ago
    I painted my front lounge stiffkey blue a couple of months ago. However , I found it too dark and the blue was quite cold; in a way , it was too "blue"!! So after having paid much on f & b paint, it had to be repainted!! It is still now a dark blue, but with a little green in it, and not as dark. I love it!!!
  • Emmanuelle
    8 years ago
    I have used "peaceful panorama " from Valspar. It is more muted and "dirty" than Stiffkey. My front room is naturally quite dark, and maybe that affected the colour of stiffkey blue. You might want to get a sample (homebase does F&B) and try in your room... The colour might come out lovely!! I agree with you though, dark blues and copper look stunning! Good luck with your choice! X
  • mrsmcee74
    8 years ago
    Are you papering the whole room?
  • sallyhamster
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    I didn't want to paper the whole room, as i think the pattern is too fussy, but there's no obvious feature wall either. There's a picture rail & frieze above it which obvs won't be papered & is painted off-white (F&B Pointing).
  • Ellen Llewellyn
    6 years ago
    I posted my own 'design dilemma' on, as I called it, redecorating with a 'moody blue' yesterday. I got some really helpful comments and have decided to go for it! Maybe have a read of the comments on my post to help you with your decision. Good luck!
United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.