ameer_ali60

Help choose the right external colours!

Ameer Ali
8 years ago

This home originally had magnolia and black masonry. I want to give it a fresh look and have chosen Cornish cream for the render. I am going to have a new stained glass Edwardian door and am thinking about having it a deep burgundy red. I am open to suggestions. Would like something different to the usual black.

Here you can make out above and below the top window there are stone lintels that were painted black. I have removed the paint from there as well as from the lower bay window.

The bay window also has woodwork which is painted white and black.

The area above the door can also be painted. Perhaps the insets are painted the same colour as the render.

My ideas so far. I have chosen cornish cream as the paint for the render! This I will not be changing.

The stone window sills could be painted a charcoal grey, and the door a burgundy red.

The woodwork above the bay window can be painted white and burgundy red.

What other door / Sill colour combinations would go with Cornish cream? Dark brown for the masonry sills and a red door (or is that too colourful with cornish cream)?

Another thing to consider are the painted areas at the back of the house:

I have already removed the black paint. I am wondering whether to match the paint with the sill colours used at the front of the house?

I would like feedback and ideas on what would make a great colour scheme! thank you!

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.