specialk007

Help! What colour should I paint my kitchen?

specialk007
8 years ago

I am having my new kitchen installed. The cream cabinets and a wood laminate work surface have already gone in. The kitchen is quite small and (partly due to a deep bay window) quite dark early mornings and evenings. I've had it tiled to the bottom of the wall cabinets in cream and plan to accessorise with a purple blind on the window and the Morphy Richards purple kettle to brighten things up, but just can't choose a colour for the walls. I liked Mellow Mocha on paper but it is too dark when painted on the wall. Part of me fancies something bold like a bright purple, but I think this would probs be too dark especially round the bay window. In summary I am looking for a colour or neutral which:

1. is not too dark;

2. does not highlight the slight difference in colour between the cream tiles and cabinets (now they have whitewashed the walls with a base coat it is much more apparent so I am guessing any shade of white is out!);

1. goes well with cream, wood and purple accessories.

Any thoughts? I am really stuck :-(

Thanks soooo much in advance for your help. I wish I was better at this sort of thing!

Comments (11)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.