helsamer

Calling Bathroom Experts ! ..bathroom saga.

MERRICK DESIGNS
8 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

hi guys, I am hoping those of you who work with bathrooms as your job might be able to help me. I will try to be concise as possible. Currently doing up my main bathroom and unfortunately ran into a few difficulties. The end solution I wanted was a Bath with Bath Shower Mixer. I purchased Tavistock TSN42 (http://www.tavistock-bathrooms.co.uk/prod/bath-shower-mixers/siren-bath-shower-mixer) on approval from the Bathroom Supplier/ and my plumber. Basically I was told that it would work in low pressure bathroom. It is now fitted and fully tiled in. (good lesson here on testing everything works as fitted!). The shower portion does not kick in when switched to shower portion. Basically taps work for bath but won't click in place and hold for water to come from shower head. I have awaiting my plumbers return to finish the job and discuss options. Here is options I see and wanted advice and thoughts. 1. Raise tank in attic - the supplier from Tavistock says i need 10ft drop from tank to taps for sufficient pressure - my plumber seems doubtful this will work. 2. Get a pump - supplier of taps has offered me good discount as she feels responsible for it also. However, plumber has told me it is very noisy and will kick in not just when shower is used but also when taps/toilet in the ensuite is used too. Can this be separated somehow? 3. Take back out the taps and replace with something definitely low pressure- unfortunately everything is tiled and very small access panel left just for plumbing purposes. Not sure this is enough space to replace taps and idea of having to rip tiles and redo . .. argh.. 4. Manually insert some obstruction so water flows directly through shower portion at all times. 5. Other?? I really just want a shower that works - doesn't really need to be high pressure but I see the advantages. However if I go this route will i also need to replace sink taps? How loud are the pumps? If anyone can offer me any solutions, advice or tips on a functional solution. Also tips on how to get a plumber to return to finish a job ! I waiting a month already and he isn't paid for any work done to date! - apparently he is coming tomorrow but ill believe it when I see it. Currently considering just get another plumber to finish the job (which also includes fitting sink vanity - plumber spotted damage when he went to fit it!). I am cautious about that idea but is very difficult without bathroom sink and shower and if he doesn't return soon I will have no alternative. Thanks everyone.!

Comments (17)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.