Houzz Logo Print
houzzukpolls

POLL: Favourite kitchen style?

HouzzUK Polls
6 years ago

Our Kitchen Trends Report, which was published earlier this year, revealed that industrial-style kitchens are on the rise. Contemporary kitchens are king however, and country styles are hot, too.

But which style appeals most to you?

In the comments, please share which particular features you love about your favourite style!

Other - tell us below!

Comments (45)

• Catherine Ellis
    6 years ago
    I like a combination of modern country, industrial and traditional :-D
  • ali270
    6 years ago
    I'm a country girl , however I do like the clean , uncluttered look of contemporary , but therein lies the problem . I can do clean but clutter is a daily battle . A country style is more forgiving !
  • gilliifer
    6 years ago

We went for a pared down deco look in our 1920's house, so retro style. Its wonderful. I love most of the other designs though.

• philip mills
    6 years ago
    I love contemporary however it's has to have colour, it seems that if you think contemporary then it's got to be white
  • raesunflower
    6 years ago
    This is hard. Whilst the contemporary look appeals to me most. I know that the practicalities of everyday life make it too difficult to maintain. The traditional kitchen is more similar to mine which is why I find it inviting and comfortable, I guess.
  • Jane Bateman
    6 years ago
    Eclectic mess.
  • cynthiamitchell
    6 years ago

I love combinations which include both traditional and industrial. I think it looks a bit more modern and edgy.

• craftycountess
    6 years ago
    My take on a traditional kitchen, my second, now I'm going for a contemporary for my next kitchen. White gloss on one bank, graphite on the peninsular.....
  • Gerry Rust
    6 years ago

I voted industrial, although my kitchen is more traditional, as I love the use of different materials and 'rough luxe' look. As someone who makes a living from restoring, revamping and repurposing, it seems the most appropriate style!

• R Thomas Rainbow
    6 years ago

Anything as long as it's hygienic and easy to keep clean - no fancy corners or slatted blinds!

• Nikola Hudinčec
    6 years ago
    I like sipmle and effective and contemporary style is definitely brings best combination of simplicity and efficiency
  • PRO
    Pat Oliver Interior Design
    6 years ago

I like a kitchen that looks good, even when used throughout the day, every day. It's country for me; simple but cluttered with appliances, crocks of cupboard basics and a large wood cutting board.

• dottymax
    6 years ago
    No open shelves. Mine would just look untidy and dusty.
  • Olena Tkach
    6 years ago

I love country style with some contemporary shift.

• bevc
    6 years ago
    I love the industrial although my kitchen is traditional.
  • PRO
    Studio 303 Ltd
    6 years ago

I love the contemporary looks!

• PRO
    La Maison
    6 years ago

love the pink chair!

• PRO
    Limitless Designs
    6 years ago

I love the mix of materials with an industrial look.

• PRO
    Andreas Home Interiors
    6 years ago

loved this look

• PRO
    Macintosh Home design
    6 years ago

This is may favorite kitchen style

• PRO
    Kitchen Connections
    6 years ago

straight lines. love it !

• PRO
    ICE Interior Ltd
    6 years ago

Contemporary lines are definitely my preferred style

• PRO
    Allwood Designs
    6 years ago

Contemporary is my preferred style

• PRO
    Craighead & Woolf - Kitchen Interior Design
    6 years ago

Clean lines, a timeless classic

• raesunflower
    6 years ago
    craftycountess is that a glass splash back with a flower in it? I love your kitchen x
  • craftycountess
    6 years ago

No it's Perspex which I ordered online, cut to size with rounded corners at top edge. It worked very well and was a good budget alternative to glass. I have now sold that property and am currently renovating a bungalow so can try out lots of new ideas!!

• craftycountess
    6 years ago

PS thank you your comment by the way, the Dill head is a mural, printed to whatever size you decide and put up like wallpaper. Will be using that idea again for the new place.....

• jobessey
    6 years ago
    I've got contemporary units, but in wild oak finish. No handles and a nice clean line. I don't manage the minimalist look very well though. I think that's because I cook regularly.
  • PRO
    Black Oak Builders Ltd.
    6 years ago

This is a tricky one. Industrial style kitchens for me are the best in terms of usability and have that rawness in them. Country style brings the most homely feeling and is great for creating that special family atmosphere or just potting around all day. Contemporary sure rules when it comes to pure, clean lines and hidden functionality. I like my kitchen to be in use, everything at hand, so industrial style is my choice, with country style being second and contemporary third.

• raesunflower
    6 years ago
    craftycountess could you please tell me where you got it from?
  • maria galvano
    6 years ago
    I love a country kitchen its so English and classic but I do think you can edge it up a bit by mixing eclectic pieces and making it your own love to mix in industial pieces too like salvage made into islands so cool but I know a lot of people are purists cant think of anything more boring. im just changing mine up after 20yrs of beautiful solid wood8
  • craftycountess
    6 years ago

Raesunflower, I use Photowall.co.uk for the murals, they have a vast selection at reasonable prices.

• raesunflower
    6 years ago
    Thanks craftycountess, I'll take a look x
  • PRO
    Renewed Blossom Interiors
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

I don't like cluttered kitchens. I need a calm space to cook up a storm in the kitchen. Country kitchens seem too chaotic, I would go mental having to cook with all that unnecessary display of rubbish around me. A contemporary kitchen with a bit of the industrial charm is the winner for me any time.

• LTS
    6 years ago
    I like all styles!
  • PRO
    Highgate Interiors
    6 years ago

The space in which the kitchen will live will always determine my favourite style, user friendly spaces that are not to condensed with a decent dining area then i will always go for contemporary style .

• PRO
    Sofa and Home
    6 years ago

like the steel industrial look

• honeyfieldsgraincompany
    6 years ago

I cannot choose. Each style has something that I like about it.

• PRO
    Iggi Interior Design
    6 years ago

minimalist and good use of space.

• PRO
    Hollyhock Interiors
    6 years ago

I love the country cottage look and feel, it's very homely!

• PRO
    Coalville Kitchens
    5 years ago

we love how the industrial look is becoming more popular

• PRO
    A Morfoot Installations
    5 years ago

I voted Contemporary!

• PRO
    Baby Amber Teething
    4 years ago

It'a hard to choose one. I like every tiny detail. Where have you found those wall mural decals? I love them. I want some in to my kitchen. I found some wall mural decals designs here. But maybe you can give me more examples with price? Thank you :)

• PRO
    Fisher & Paykel Appliances UK & Ireland
    4 years ago

We voted for traditional...but we love them all!

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.