Houzz Logo Print
houzzukpolls

POLL: Favourite kitchen style?

HouzzUK Polls

Our Kitchen Trends Report, which was published earlier this year, revealed that industrial-style kitchens are on the rise. Contemporary kitchens are king however, and country styles are hot, too.

But which style appeals most to you?

In the comments, please share which particular features you love about your favourite style!

Other - tell us below!

• Catherine Ellis
    I like a combination of modern country, industrial and traditional :-D
  • ali270
    I'm a country girl , however I do like the clean , uncluttered look of contemporary , but therein lies the problem . I can do clean but clutter is a daily battle . A country style is more forgiving !
  • gilliifer

We went for a pared down deco look in our 1920's house, so retro style. Its wonderful. I love most of the other designs though.

• philip mills
    I love contemporary however it's has to have colour, it seems that if you think contemporary then it's got to be white
  • raesunflower
    This is hard. Whilst the contemporary look appeals to me most. I know that the practicalities of everyday life make it too difficult to maintain. The traditional kitchen is more similar to mine which is why I find it inviting and comfortable, I guess.
  • Jane Bateman
    Eclectic mess.
  • cynthiamitchell

I love combinations which include both traditional and industrial. I think it looks a bit more modern and edgy.

• craftycountess
    My take on a traditional kitchen, my second, now I'm going for a contemporary for my next kitchen. White gloss on one bank, graphite on the peninsular.....
  • Gerry Rust

I voted industrial, although my kitchen is more traditional, as I love the use of different materials and 'rough luxe' look. As someone who makes a living from restoring, revamping and repurposing, it seems the most appropriate style!

• R Thomas Rainbow

Anything as long as it's hygienic and easy to keep clean - no fancy corners or slatted blinds!

• Nikola Hudinčec
    I like sipmle and effective and contemporary style is definitely brings best combination of simplicity and efficiency
    Pat Oliver Interior Design

I like a kitchen that looks good, even when used throughout the day, every day. It's country for me; simple but cluttered with appliances, crocks of cupboard basics and a large wood cutting board.

• dottymax
    No open shelves. Mine would just look untidy and dusty.
  • Olena Tkach

I love country style with some contemporary shift.

• bevc
    I love the industrial although my kitchen is traditional.
    Studio 303 Ltd

I love the contemporary looks!

La Maison

love the pink chair!

Limitless Designs

I love the mix of materials with an industrial look.

Andreas Home Interiors

loved this look

Macintosh Home design

This is may favorite kitchen style

Kitchen Connections

straight lines. love it !

ICE Interior Ltd

Contemporary lines are definitely my preferred style

Allwood Designs

Contemporary is my preferred style

Craighead & Woolf - Kitchen Interior Design

Clean lines, a timeless classic

• raesunflower
    craftycountess is that a glass splash back with a flower in it? I love your kitchen x
  • craftycountess

No it's Perspex which I ordered online, cut to size with rounded corners at top edge. It worked very well and was a good budget alternative to glass. I have now sold that property and am currently renovating a bungalow so can try out lots of new ideas!!

• craftycountess

PS thank you your comment by the way, the Dill head is a mural, printed to whatever size you decide and put up like wallpaper. Will be using that idea again for the new place.....

• jobessey
    I've got contemporary units, but in wild oak finish. No handles and a nice clean line. I don't manage the minimalist look very well though. I think that's because I cook regularly.
    Black Oak Builders Ltd.

This is a tricky one. Industrial style kitchens for me are the best in terms of usability and have that rawness in them. Country style brings the most homely feeling and is great for creating that special family atmosphere or just potting around all day. Contemporary sure rules when it comes to pure, clean lines and hidden functionality. I like my kitchen to be in use, everything at hand, so industrial style is my choice, with country style being second and contemporary third.

• raesunflower
    craftycountess could you please tell me where you got it from?
  • maria galvano
    I love a country kitchen its so English and classic but I do think you can edge it up a bit by mixing eclectic pieces and making it your own love to mix in industial pieces too like salvage made into islands so cool but I know a lot of people are purists cant think of anything more boring. im just changing mine up after 20yrs of beautiful solid wood8
  • craftycountess

Raesunflower, I use Photowall.co.uk for the murals, they have a vast selection at reasonable prices.

• raesunflower
    Thanks craftycountess, I'll take a look x
    Renewed Blossom Interiors
    last modified: 6 years ago

I don't like cluttered kitchens. I need a calm space to cook up a storm in the kitchen. Country kitchens seem too chaotic, I would go mental having to cook with all that unnecessary display of rubbish around me. A contemporary kitchen with a bit of the industrial charm is the winner for me any time.

• LTS
    I like all styles!
    Highgate Interiors

The space in which the kitchen will live will always determine my favourite style, user friendly spaces that are not to condensed with a decent dining area then i will always go for contemporary style .

Sofa and Home

like the steel industrial look

• honeyfieldsgraincompany

I cannot choose. Each style has something that I like about it.

Iggi Interior Design

minimalist and good use of space.

Hollyhock Interiors

I love the country cottage look and feel, it's very homely!

Coalville Kitchens

we love how the industrial look is becoming more popular

A Morfoot Installations

I voted Contemporary!

Baby Amber Teething

It'a hard to choose one. I like every tiny detail. Where have you found those wall mural decals? I love them. I want some in to my kitchen. I found some wall mural decals designs here. But maybe you can give me more examples with price? Thank you :)

Fisher & Paykel Appliances UK & Ireland

We voted for traditional...but we love them all!