flwright

Need advice on garden wall choices..

flwright
8 years ago

I have recently renovated my dated 1930s house, which is contemporary. I am now focusing on my back yard. I have a large sloping wild garden (a drop of 25-30 feet in total) and a nature preserve at the back of my house. I plan to build a hardwood deck with glass balustrade extending from the building. But before I do that, I need to reconstruct garden retention walls on the second level (this section follows 7 ft from where deck ends)
that have been damaged. This section follow 6 ft after the deck. I currently have them in Yorkstone. I need your advice if I should use 'brick' for retention walls to keep with the contemporary look or go with the 'yorkstone'. Though my extension has clean lines, my garden is a bit wild and wooded, the look of which I would like to retain. Would the yorkstone distract the continuity for the contemporary deck and building? Would brick be too harsh for a garden like this? The sections that need replaced are in the last 2 photos. Advice please.

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.