tommyflan

POLL: Basin in the bedroom - yay or nay?

Tom Flanagan

Now and then, you'll come across a bedroom with a sink/basin in it, and whilst it might seem a little unconventional, for many people it's practical and popular!

But what's it to you - do you give a basin in the bedroom a yay or a nay?

Martha's Vineyard Bedroom · More Info

Yay!
Nay!
Other

Flow Interiors

Please no- its so old hat - last thing I would want is to wake up in my dreamy bedroom with my partner brushing his teeth- or even worse?

Keep the mystery and romance in the bedroom please

Best Answer
    Daman of Witham

It works in certain situations, normally very large bedrooms, usually accompanied by a shower or freestanding bath.

• Tom Flanagan

I'm a little unsure about it - I think it can jar, and would probably prefer an en-suite myself!

• southernpointofview

En suite is the way to go!

• Jess G

ensuite is defo better but a sink is the next best thing.....It can look nyafff.....but if it's done right is mega practical...

• dynanau
    It absolutely depends on who occupies the room. In a house with multiple teenage children basins in the bedroom can save a lot of arguing about bathroom hogging.
    Flow Interiors

Not for us!

• myownstyle13

Would only be convenient in my crafts room ;-)

• mudsi

i had a sink in my bedroom when i lived at my parents, it was mega practical as it meant i didnt have to wait for my brother to finish in the bathroom before i could brush my teeth!! where i live now i have an ensuite its way better, but if u cant do an ensuite, then a sink is the next best thing, altho it culd look a bit takky but with carefully planning and the help of houzz it could look classy

• Geri63
    My home came with a sink in the bedroom. While I find it very practical, I would love to add an en suite. It's not a bad sized room - maybe I will seek advice from the Houzz community sometime.
    Tom Gavin Tiles and Flooring
    last modified: 3 years ago

We say yay, and we agree with @mudsi. In theright room, sinks can be so handy, and as a former renter in a 6 person house, a sink in a little bedroom can really ease morning bathroom traffic jams, as noone has to wait for that one person to finish showering to brush their teeth! However, I do think they have to be either well blended into the room or even hidden in a cupboard, as a random sink shoved into the corner of a room looks like a plumbing mistake!

• Heidi Cullen

Riminds me of some grotty B&B I stayed in - firm no. Unless it looks like the above of course.

• Rachel B

I don't understand why anyone not in student accommodation would go for this. I can see it might be practical but just not enough to go there.