bombel1972

garden experts/botanists... help?

bombel1972
8 years ago

here is a picture of my front garden. it is south facing. just finally finished throughout this summer, building a brick wall, put sleepers up, dug up old grass and laid down more soil and new turf. NOW.... slowly will begin planting. i have been looking VERY hard to find things i like, and would fit. soil is mostly clay. thing is... i would like first, the plant as least 2 small trees by the brick wall. i have been looking so hard, but when i find something i like on one website, it says something else on another. i'm looking for something that flowers in spring and has colour in autumn, and for them not to be more than 9ft high (absolute maximum) if it's slightly less, great. i know i can always prune the top, but if the roots are big, don't want my new wall to start falling apart in 10 yrs. also, the footpath is actually 1.5ft higher than where is the soil. from side to side of house it's 32 ft and the distance from the brick wall to the house wall is 20 ft. i'd really, really like to plant something by the end of month. any reputable websites or great tree nurseries(south yorkshire)? these are some what i have been looking at, but i'm nervous on sizes not being too accurate. sigh. -amelanchier camdensis, -betula jacquemontii, -acer palmatum beni maiko, -prunus incisa kojo-no-mai, -prunus snow showers, (-picea glauca albertiana conica conifer & larix kaempferi stiff weeping tree would be an extra for evergreen reasons) thank you so much if anyone can give suggestions.

Comments (19)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.