susienew

Bathroom floorboards finishing

susienew
8 years ago
Hello, first off I know that many people think wooden floorboards are a bad idea in a bathroom but I'm not being swayed! My whole floor is being relaid at the moment (uneven floor and cast iron bath, long tale) and the builders are butting them close together. They then plan to use a stainable wood filler and then sander before staining them a dark brown. The look I'm after is something like the attached pics (flooring only, my suite is all decided) but with a sheen somewhere between satin and gloss. My question is, can I achieve dark, slightly shiny boards with one product? The builders are asking for five litres each of stain and lacquer but I wonder if there's a single product that does this? In addition, I want to do everything I can to protect the boards from moisture so would a lacquer on top of a stain be a better option anyway, acting as a bit of a seal across the boards and the filler? This bathroom project is a full-time job!!!

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.