pippamc

How can we improve our lounge?

pippamc
8 years ago
We completely renovated our house last year & now have an open plan lounge/diner/kitchen, which we love.
Because we knocked down a wall to open up the lounge area, we are left with a rectangle with a small fireplace which is off-centre between 2 alcoves. I'm toying with trying to make this look bigger by adding oak down the sides.
I'd like to rearrange the furniture to get some more seating in & (if possible) some more storage. Current thinking is to either build in a window seat or move the tv to the window and place/build seating in the alcove, but I'm a bit unsure. What do you think? Would one be better than the other? Any other ideas?

Our key issues are:
We don't want the tv to be the focus of the room-ideally the fireplace would be.
We're limited on sofa position by the supporting pillar opposite the fire
We plan to change the big black shelves to some oak floating shelves.

Thanks for any help!xxx

Comments (12)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.