portcullisgates

Good Natured Gate Advice for Freezing Weather.

First few weeks of really cold weather have seen some seasonal issues raise there heads in the Portcullis HQ. So here are two things to bare in mind if you've gates, automated or not, in this freezing weather.

Freezing Ground: Everyone knows water expands when it freezes, Times this by several thousand, thousand pieces of gravel and the ground can rise quite considerably in the cold. This in turn can cause problems with your gates opening and closing. So if your gates do falter it maybe your driveway surface that is the problem not your gates.

Secondly, everyone rushes sometimes when trying to get out of the house. The challenge is that people driving out of their own homes under estimate just how icey their drive ways are. When drivers break just in front their gates first thing in the morning, they often don't account for how much ice is on their drive. As they break they can skid and go straight in to their own gates or gate posts.

The Frost looks beautiful, and we hope you all enjoy its wintry beauty without mishap.

I hope this will help at least a few people from ice related hassels. Please feel free to add your own advice in the comments.

With Very Best Wishes to All Houzzers from Portcullis-Gates.co.uk

Comment

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.