tommyflan

Do you prefer living alone or with somebody?

Tom Flanagan
8 years ago

Living with somebody is a big decision for anyone, and with it brings both the good, the bad, and everything else along the way.

So let's imagine we live in a perfect world where you could have absolutely free reign over your lifestyle - would you prefer living alone or with somebody? Tell us below!

Flat mates · More Info

Comments (20)

• dottymax
    8 years ago
    Lived on my own for twenty years. Loved it. Total freedom in my own little sanctuary. Married fifteen months ago. Not allowed near the TV remote. Loving it!
  • Sherbert Barnes
    8 years ago
    Ideal world!!!! I. In an ideal world, I would rather buy two houses next door to each other and we would have one each with visiting rights!!! Of course, I would be responsible for the decor choices in both! In THE OTHER HOUSE! strong smelling foods would be cooked! Sherbert would dry off after winter walks and only come back to THE PROPER HOUSE, when she had finished smelling like a doggie wet old mop and was totally dry! In THE PROPER HOUSE, cushions would be plump and beautiful coffee table books would be positioned strategically and remain so and nobody would put back empty sweet wrappers in my lovely bonbon dishes! Lol!! Am not going to go any further with this as I would give too much away about my marital bliss!!! But let's just say, that in the THE PROPER HOUSE, clothes would never fall on the floor in a heap that looked like a snow man had melted inside them! And the toilet lids would always be left down!! Enough, enough!!!! :-)
  • PRO
    Cleverbeds Ltd
    8 years ago

With other people, but having your own space in the house/flat! You only need to create a balance.

• Jo DP
    8 years ago

Depends on who it is.

• User
    8 years ago
    Ideally I'd do a lot of things on a 'part time' basis. I just find the constant companionship of any one person excess to my requirements, and I'm sure they don't need mine either! I'd love my own 'quarters' and we'd just meet up a few times a week for a natter and a catch up. So much less housework too!
  • Clare Jones
    8 years ago

Fizzfan54 couldn't agree more!

• User
    8 years ago
    Heaven is being with the one you love but not 24/7. Quickest way to lose the romance, move in together. At the very least your own separate bedroom and bathroom.Yes, it takes money for a happy relationship. Duh!
  • Gerry Rust
    8 years ago

I spend nearly every waking moment with my partner, we run a business together and don't often go anywhere alone (although we are both perfectly free to do so, neither of us is jealous or possessive). On the odd occasions that we are apart I have been known to call him several times a day because I am so used to sharing everything with him. Without sounding too sick makingly soppy (I hope) he is my best friend, makes me laugh more than anyone I've ever known and he finds me equally amusing (which is essential as I'm as mad as a box of frogs most of the time) We are very content in each other's company and can quite happily ignore each other for hours :D I think it helps that we met later in life and that we are both quite tolerant, I'm not going to pretend we never get irritated or argue but it doesn't happen often or last long.

• User
    8 years ago

Its more economical to share.

• Kittihawke
    8 years ago
    If I knew then what I know now... I probably still would : )
  • headers13
    8 years ago

Own after divorce but to be honest `I really like it, I can't imagine having somebody else in my house messing things up & wanting their own stuff in here ! Selfish ....maybe why I'm a sole owner.....

• PRO
    Laara Copley-Smith Design
    8 years ago

On my own - Love it - yet as Gerry Rust says so well - if it is the right person then it could be different - best friends, soul partners, life partners even if you meet late.

• User
    8 years ago

Someone to tease, which we do constantly. I would have to tease myself about my idiotsinsandcrazys. Much more fun with him.

• PRO
    Country Cousins Interiors
    8 years ago

I live 50 miles away from my boyfriend of 10 years, we both like our own space and spend our weekends together which is lovely... if we lived together we would end up killing each other, and what is it with men and the remote!!!

• Geethika Chaitanya
    8 years ago
    I would like to be alone in my heaven and live life to the fullest....
  • PRO
    Country Cousins Interiors
    8 years ago

I'm untidy, read a lot, cook when I'm hungry and like to watch what I want on the telly! My chap is ultra tidy, watches telly till he sleeps and isn't really interested in cooking( it makes too much mess) all in all a match made in heaven! Great when we,re together fine when we aren't! Any way, I have a lovely big dog so I'm never short of company, he doesn't care what's on the telly!

• Jan Johnson
    8 years ago

I don't mind living on my own since my husband passed away 5 yrs ago. would find it hard to fit into someone elses routine now.

• philip mills
    8 years ago
    I've done both and both have advantages and disadvantages still trying to work out which is the best but please don't tell the wife lol
  • User
    8 years ago

Married men live longer.

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.