laura_ciancaglini

Warm or neutral off whites for walls

Hello, I need help. I am looking for a very light cream or off white for walls. I want it to be slightly warm, just to avoid the starkness of plain white (I live in England and white looks grey here most of the time).

I dislike green, purple and blue undertones (right now, I have dulux "Linnet white" in the lounge which is slightly greenish, and it is driving me crazy, looks dirty and dull), I also have "white mist" in another room and it is really stark and greyish.

On the other hand, I also want to avoid "jazmin white" and "magnolia" and all those yellows and pinks that belong to the past.

So I'd like something almost white, almost neutral but slightly warm ideally.

For example, once, living in southamerica, I created my own creamy white mixing 4 litres of white paint with 1 small sachet of ochre toner (like a spoonful). If only I could do that again or get something like that.
It was lovely, like an early autumn afternoon sunlight, golden, soft, glowing.

I've heard of dulux "timeless" but some say it's like a dirty white? Or too yellow?

I have oak furniture and some gold and amber fabrics.

Thank you!

Comments (11)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.