rozstutt

roz

rozstutt
8 years ago
would love to know what's the trend for window dressing. kitchen not quite finished yet but floor will be similar to units cashmere/grey, ice crystal worktops. poss black splashback. chartreuse/ green accent colours. 4 windows, 2 n/w facing and 2n/e facing plenty of light. thanks

Comments (5)

• PRO
    Blinds 2go
    8 years ago

The trends are very varied depending on who you ask. Taking a look through this month's 'Homes' magazines you'll find almost every reader home in Ideal Home has white wooden blinds, Your Homes is about the patterns (roller blinds and curtains) whilst Good Homes has neutral softs (roman blinds and curtains). If you want to enjoy the view out of those windows with some privacy, something like a faux Wooden blind would work perfectly, giving you the view as well as properties that can handle the stresses of a kitchen. But if it isn't overlooked, a roman blind will look absolutely gorgeous

Arctic White Faux Wood Blind · More Info

Abbey Cornflower Roman Blind · More Info

rozstutt thanked Blinds 2go
  • PRO
    Hillarys
    8 years ago

Hi Roz,

What a lovely kitchen you have - you must be so pleased! The beauty of your space is that you can really choose any trend you fancy as the neutral units will take it. In a kitchen (especially as, in your case, one window is behind a sink), most people tend to favour something practical like a Roller blind. But you don't have to miss out on style with loads of pattern and colour choice.

Kitchen blinds and interiors · More Info

And as you've picked, chartreuse is a lovely trend that always makes it into the home interest magazines around this time of year as we look forward to spring. Alternatively, shutters are effortlessly beautiful, and available in waterproof finishes which don't lose any of the style.

Hope that helps,

Zoe

rozstutt thanked Hillarys
  • Jonathan
    8 years ago
    Personally I would get a punch of colour in a patterned roller blind that is inexpensive enough to be changed in the future when you want to change the scheme.
    rozstutt thanked Jonathan
  • winniepoppy
    8 years ago
    I think white shutters would add a classy touch to your kitchen, especially as the worktops are white.
    rozstutt thanked winniepoppy
  • Skelpie 5
    8 years ago

Pretty! I'd be tempted to put some colour in too - maybe a teal or a mustard. I don't think window dressings date that much, so I wouldn't be too concerned about what's on trend. For these I think a roller would look great, as would shutters. Your units are lovely and light so they can afford a pop of colour next to them.

rozstutt thanked Skelpie 5
United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.