kellyapte

Architect wants more money after we have paid him

kellyapte
8 years ago

Our architect has provided us with plans for our 2 storey extension with loft and dormer. We've had to tweak the plans on and off and paid him full costs about 2 months ago. We've still kept in touch with him and asked his opinion on builders and he 'offered' to come round and go through the tenders and short list them. He then contacted them all for us to ask for their 'best final quote'. There was an objection to the build which we've been assured will not affect the go ahead. He said he will attend. He is now asking for 'resolution to tender and planning' costs. He has not given us a figure but we asked our builder and he said that's something that commercial architects ask for not domestic! We don't know how much and he's asking for this the week before our crucial planning meeting next week.

Do we have to pay? He said it would be a small fee but how much is 'small'? We do have arguments to say no as he has dragged his feet on a number of issues but we definitely don't want to fall out with him.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Comments (10)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.