will2647

Granite worktop seals - is this acceptable?

Will Hodge
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Hi everyone, we've just had our granite worktop fitted and have been left with these seams between the 3 slabs of granite. I'm very unhappy with the end result, but wondered if I'm being unreasonable. The wider seam is 4mm wide, widening to 5mm at the back. The slabs were laid before the weekend and left to dry. I noticed over the weekend the gap between these slabs, and also the left hand slab had a small bevel in the edge which I presume was a mistake as they were curving the edges of the exposed edges - this has made the seam fill wider than the gap between the slabs. I brought these up with the fitter and he said that he'd make it less obvious.....I would hope I should be expecting a much narrower fill layer and also a better colour match to the granite.

I've only paid half of the quote so far, but the fitter (a professional granite fitter) is a friend and I want/need to be tactful.

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.