heldensoubrette

Very small , awkward living room - I don't know where to place things!

heldensoubrette
8 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hi everyone - please please help me! I've finally managed to purchase my first home - it's fairly tiny and with a very "retirement home" vibe unfortunately! I intend to paint the whole interior white I think (everything,including curtains, is a very buttery cream) put in new carpet or even some sort of wood veneer floorboards (although it is underfloor heating on a concrete slab - so I'm not too sure if that would work. I like soft greys, whites - sort of parisian apartment/Scandinavian interiors - how that would even be possible in my little unit I have no idea! Any ideas would be wonderful and very much appreciated - especially ideas for furniture placement as the angled entrance and extremely small living space is very difficult! I have absolutely no furniture as yet - starting from scratch. Being my first home I naturally don't have a lot to spend but I do want to buy quality! I just need to work out where to put a sofa, TV, maybe an armchair, maybe some built in bookcases (but possibly no room) , and maybe a wee dining room table near the kitchen. I appreciate any advice!

Comments (11)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.