hjcooke

Help please! Dining room that looks like a garage!

Heidi
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Hi, never been on here before but really hoping you can help me make my dining room look cosy and pretty and not like a garage! I love shabby chic style and have the Laura Ashley Milnsbridge light on order but not sure if to wallpaper the right wall or just paint the whole room the same colour. How would I make it look wider?No idea what colour but something light and fresh as the room can be a bit dark. Maybe pale grey/sagey green or a cream? Nothing has to stay and we've only been moved in a few months!

There's a beautiful rustic topped reclaimed pine table under the tablecloth (hidden from my 2 year old!) and I would love to find a pine dresser for the left alcove and I have a dresser top to chalk paint for the right back wall or maybe it could go on the left? I could get a pine/oak sideboard for the back of the room where the radiator is? Has anyone got any good ideas?? Just want it to look cosy, fresh and lovely. I also want to find some long curtains for over the blinds. I love check/tartan fabric but haven't found any I like yet. Any help much appreciated. I have limited time to find things with a two year old! thanks!x

Comments (10)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.