whyeye

Parquet flooring

Alan
8 years ago
We're in the process of refurbishing a late 1950s house and the room where we are placing the kitchen is partially floored with pine parquet. I say partially because the room (previously carpeted) was originally three rooms; one floor parquet, one tiled and one concrete. Another room in the house (the study) also has pine parquet of the same vintage so we're considering reclaiming it from that room and using it to supplement the kitchen parquet and cover the whole of the new kitchen floor.

A couple of questions:
1) Any tips on how to lift the parquet from the study floor without causing too much damage?
2) What's the best way to clean up the reclaimed parquet to remove old adhesive (looks like black pitch)?
3) Recommendations for the best adhesive to use when putting the floor down in the kitchen and also the best finishing treatment to apply given its location in the kitchen?

Many thanks in advance.

Alan

Comment

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.