adrian49cc

Hallway dilemma, Georgian garden flat

Adrianh
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Hello there Houzzers. I’m getting to the final stages of renovating a basement Georgian flat. It’s a generous two-bedroom property. There is quite a lot of finishing (new floor, painting) still to do. My dilemma is the flat's wonderful book-lined 18-foot hallway which I would like to open up somewhat. A dividing plasterboard wall (easy to modify) separates this hallway from the main bedroom, see pics.

I’d be so grateful for any suggestions on low-ish cost ideas to open up this separating wall a bit. It feels such a shame to keep it 100% walled off. However I do need to retain some privacy for the bedroom. There is a radiator lining the hallway wall which I do not want to mess with. The best idea I've had is some type of Japanese screens...

Many thanks for any suggestions!

Adrian, London

Facing front entrance of flat

View from front door of flat

Comments (11)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.