hzdeleted_25983985

Matt or gloss kitchen. What to choose?

User
8 years ago

I need to make a choice soon and I am struggling to make a decision.

I really like the idea of gloss - light grey for wall units and appliance housing, dark grey or indigo for base units.

However, our builder showed us a finished kitchen in his workshop yesterday - a beautiful handmade kitchen painted indigo blue.

I'm assuming that a painted/lacquered door means that the lacquer hardens to make it hard wearing and that the lacquer can be different ranges of gloss? So it could be matt or gloss.

I like slab doors for the units and I'm thinking that they would look better if they were glossy.

As for cleaning. Well that seems to be confusing as some people say gloss is a doddle to clean (what are they doing right?) and some say they're nightmare to clean (what are they doing wrong?)

Having looked at both in showrooms, the fingerprints on the matt ones almost look like greasy, absored fingerprints. Couldn't wipe them off with my fingers but could rub them off the gloss.

Would really welcome advice/thoughts.

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.