karen_sargent8111941

Help with layout of long narrow kitchen / diner

Karen Sargent
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Hiya

I would love some advice on getting the most from my new kitchen extension.

I would like to create a space that is warm and welcoming to entertain in and also fit in a reading chair (or two) to look out onto the garden. I also want to have an industrial feel.

I'd love to make the space feel wider as I'm worried at how narrow and long it is .(6.6 x 3.03 mtres)

At the moment our flat is a 1 bedroom but I'm hoping that with this new extension, when we do decide to move, we would be able to sell it as a two bed and have the new kitchen serve as a kitchen / living / dining.

Would really appreciate any ideas or suggestions you may have.

Hope the plan below is clear enough. THe bifold doors on the left hand side open up into our garden. While the plan suggests a long lshaped layout of cabinets I don't like this as it doesn't leave a space for reading chairs.

Comments (10)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.