andrewjc

What to do with furniture my friends and I designed and made?

I trained as a furniture designer in the 60's but instead of cutting trees down I now grow them! Thankfully I can only store gardens in plans and photos, but what do I do with furniture I designed and made at college - and other decent furniture I have since collected?

Essentially it's about 'stuff' but IS IT a different story because I made them. I also have some good other '60s furniture with memories? ...This is the story:

1: We've downsized - so not much space anymore.
2: The pieces include my own 60's college work - which got me a great degree. One photograph is below.
3: There are also 2 side tables by a friend and children's chairs from a company I set up with a college friend. Both colleagues are now dead, one during the course, the other more recently.
4: 3 Aalto office and 3 bentwood (not Thonet) chairs from friends and employers. Neither a full set, therefore!

AND...most need some work to bring them back to a usable standard.

Help me out please, people, I can't seem to sort this out.

Comments (12)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.