sue_derrick21

Hallway, Landing & Stairs - Help, please

Sue Derrick
8 years ago

Hi - I'm new here, so, I apologise if I am doing this wrong. We are going to be decorating our hallway, landing & stairs soon, and, well, I was looking to do something a bit different, but, I am facing opposition from my step-son (who doesn't live here, btw). My idea was to paint the bannister and the stair wall, one colour, and all the other walls a complimentary colour - for exp, brown for the stairway walls & cream for the rest. My stepson says he has never seen it done like that before, and therefore, it will look 'stupid'. Part of me thinks, 'You don't have to live here, so, we can do what we like', but, on the other hand, I am worried that he is 'right'? We can't afford to get it redone, if it does look 'stupid', so, I really would appreciate some advice. This is a picture of the area, with sample colours 'snipped' on top - we will be getting lining/backing paper put up on the walls before they are painted. Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.