kaym10

Downstairs layout, replacing existing conservatories with extension

kaym10
8 years ago
We would appreciate advice regarding the layout of downstairs extension. The back of the house faces south east and has beautiful views over open countryside which we want to take full advantage of. After living in the house for over a year now we have decided against a completely open plan layout and intend to keep the supporting wall between the kitchen and living area and have a pocket sliding door or similar between the dining area and living area. In the current plan there will be velux windows in the roof of the dining area and the ceiling will be continuous in the living area.
The kitchen layout on this plan is preliminary and I think we can do much better. We may add in an opening window near the sink. I do want to include a hob in the island. I am going to get some further design help with this but want to develop my own thinking further and be clearer before I do this. Any advice appreciated.

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.