jo_green6160205

Teardrop bath

Jo Green
8 years ago
Looks like the tap is situated at the wrong end - is this right to have the tap at the head end??
Tear Drop Bath Renovation · More Info

Comments (5)

• Jo Green
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    As we have done this too by mistake and it's a real pain! See photo of my bath it is a Clearwater Teardrop bath.
  • PRO
    Banbridge Bathroom Centre
    8 years ago

Hi Jo

This is usually the clients decision where they want the bath filler. This particular client wanted it at this end so as to make it easier to use while in the bath. What about the position of the tap in yours annoys you?

• Bob Eves
    7 years ago

I would appreciate a quick answer because we are having the bath fitted over the next three days. The wide end seems (visually) to be the head end but the slope is vertical and uncomfortable to put my head; the narrow end is sloped so that I can lie comfortably (without cricking my neck) but there is a narrow width for the shoulders. So which is the correct head end? Tap being fitted very soon so a speedy response appreciated.

• Jo Green
    Original Author
    7 years ago

I would say having the tap positioned in the middle gives you more options. Google lots of photos to see what most people do?

As a bath I think it takes a lot of getting used to. The narrow end is good if you are just lying down for a soak but your shoulders don't really get under, unless bath is very full.

So the other end is less narrow and better for sitting up for washing hair etc but it is slopes dramatically so you just slide down and then sit on the plug and the water drains out!! Tricky one. So go for middle tap position I think.

• Bob Eves
    7 years ago

Thank you for your help. We are going for an offset position for the tap, which is nearly central so it is not such a big deal; however, there doesn't seem to be a consensus on the "right" orientation. I have looked at loads of photos on line and it doesn't help when many of them are contradictory.

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.